HELEN WANG, PhD, LAc
WUNIAN CHEN, MD, LAc
CHOLENA ERICKSON, L.Ac., O.M.D.
Acupuncture is one of the most studied forms of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and can play an important role as part of a comprehensive approach to health and healing.
Many high-quality randomized, controlled trials (RCTs) have proven acupuncture’s effectiveness for many common conditions, including back pain, menopausal hot flashes, migraine, tension-type headache, chronic daily headache, infertility, and labor induction.
Chapel Hill Doctors Healthcare Center has two highly skilled and experienced acupuncturists, as well as an integrative medicine specialist: Drs. Wunian Chen and Helen Wang are Traditional Chinese Medicine physicians trained in China.
Dr. Chen has conducted and published several studies of acupuncture, including RCTs of acupuncture for chronic daily headache, menopausal hot flashes, and prevention of post-dates pregnancy.
We invite you to read some of our published research studies on acupuncture, and come to see one of us at Chapel Hill Doctors Integrative Health Center.
Selected research studies on acupuncture by Dr. Wunian Chen:
- A randomized, controlled trial of acupuncture for chronic daily headache
- A randomized, controlled pilot study of acupuncture treatment for menopausal hot flashes
- A randomized controlled trial of acupuncture for initiation of labor (Acumoms 1)
- Acupuncture to initiate labor (Acumoms 2)
- Acupuncture for birth preparation and delivery
- The role of acupuncture in treating menopausal hot flashes
- Acupuncture for improving chronic back pain, osteoarthritis and headache
Most insurance plans do not cover acupuncture services. Although Wunian Chen is a licensed acupuncturist, he is not a licensed physician here in the United States and is therefore unable to be a credentialed provider covered by insurance plans. We are unable to file claims for patients, however the staff can provide a receipt with the necessary information for self-filing. Please ask us when you arrive for your appointment!